07720 087 465
We recognize the demands that are placed on landlords by their tenants. It can be an incredibly stressful job at the best of times, and the most difficult occasions are when things go wrong. When there is a problem with an essential service in your property in the Brighton and Hove area, such as the heating or the plumbing, then it’s important that you can find a Brighton plumbers that you can rely on.
Here at Plumbers on Tap we deal with hundreds of different landlords. We know what is most important: quick response times, good quality workmanship, and great value prices.
We also serve landlords with Gas Safety inspection certificates, which are a legal obligation for all landlords to obtain for their rental properties. A new certificate must be issued every year by law. We are delighted to say that we charge, on average, £20 less than our Brighton plumbing competitors for this service.
Why Choose Plumbing on Tap
There are many reasons that landlords in Brighton choose Plumbing on Tap for their plumbing and heating services.
- We will contact your tenants for you and deal with them directly. This means that the responsibility for arranging work to be done in the property lies with us, freeing up your time for other important duties. We can either make an appointment with your tenant or access the property with management keys, whichever you and your tenants prefer.
- We can use our communication system to contact you with details of the work going on onsite, even if you are hundreds of miles away. This includes photographs of ongoing or completed work. We can also issue you with an instant gas safety certificate.
- We’re an extremely professional company, with full uniform and ID cards for your tenant’s peace of mind.
- We offer emergency call outs at all hours of the day and night, all year round.
- If there are heating problems in your property then we are more than happy to lend out electric heaters for your tenants if we need to wait for parts to be obtained. This service is absolutely free of charge, and can be a godsend in the winter months.
- Our services have 100% approval rating on Check-A-Trade, from over 130 different domestic customers.
Tips to be Safety
Gas appliances can be extremely dangerous if serviced incorrectly. Here are our top tips for dealing with gas in your property.
- Don’t try to do it yourself. Although fitting a gas appliance, such as a fire or a cooker, may seem deceptively simple, it’s actually a complicated job. The complications lie in ensuring the fitting has been performed safely.
- It’s important to always use a gas safe engineer, especially in a rental property. All gas safe engineers carry a Gas Safe ID card, which is their certification that they are legally permitted to work on gas appliances. Check their ID before you allow them to work in your property.
- Don’t block or cover air vents. This can cause huge safety issues, such as the build up of deadly gases.
- Removing gas appliances incorrectly can be just as dangerous as installing them incorrectly. Don’t try to do this job yourself either, it could leave pipes or flues exposed.
- You should be aware of the location of your gas pipes inside your walls, so that you can avoid accidentally puncturing them when hanging a picture or putting up shelves. You can buy a pipe detector inexpensively from almost any DIY shop.
- If you are planning on building an extention to your property, or doing any other type of building work, you should check carefully to ensure that the flue of your boiler isn’t blocked by your work. This can have lethal consequences.
Information About Brighton
- Plumbing Ontap is proud to offer Plumbing & Heating Services for Landlords in the town of Brighton, which lies within South East England in the county of East Sussex.
- Part of the City of Brighton and Hove, Brighton forms a Unitary Authority and is part of the greater Brighton and Hove built-up area in Sussex.
- A large number of leading businesses make Brighton and East Sussex their home including Plumbing Ontap.
- Brighton was previously named Brighthelmstone.
- Local nicknames include Brighthelmstone & Blightey.
- Incorporating a number of villages and settlements, Brighton’s boundary now includes Aldrington, Old Steine, Bevendean, Black Rock, Brunswick, Coldean and Hangleton.
- Hollingdean, Hove, Mile Oak, Moulsecoomb and Hollingbury are also part of Plumbing Ontap’s Plumbing & Heating Services for Landlords area in the City of Brighton and Hove.
- Other service areas of Plumbing Ontap within in Brighton, Sussex accommodate Portslade-by-Sea, Saltdean, Ovingdean, Patcham and Rottingdean,
- as well as Brighton and Hove’s outer urban areas Westdene, Woodingdean, West Blatchington and Withdean.
- Just as importantly, Finally yet importantly, Plumbing Ontap’s Plumbing & Heating Services for Landlords cover the Brighton Municipality along with Bear Road area, Stanmer and Brighton Marina.
- The Brighton postcode district is the BN postcode area.
- The University of Brighton and Sussex University are famous through out the United Kingdom.
- Preston Park, Brighton and Queen’s Park, Brighton are enjoyed by residents and known through out England.
- Infrastructure in Brighton relies on the A23 road nd the A27 road.
- Bordering to the West of town of Brighton and Hove is Sompting, Worthing, Southwick, Shoreham, Littlehampton and Lancing.
- To the East of the town of Brighton is bordered by Peacehaven, Lewes and Burgess Hill.